by (email me)
Get your Free Email! firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the Flag above to visit My Store
Last revised December 06, 2004 01:37 PM (Optimized for IE 5.x, Best Viewed at 800x600)
For friends, family, and all lovers of dirt bikes
Withlacoochee State Forest
SR50/I-75 Brooksville, Florida
(map at bottom of page)
Established in 1973 through the dedicated efforts of The Florida Trail Riders and the Department of Agriculture, the Croom Motorcycle Area is the only state property in Florida dedicated to the needs of off-highway motorcycle and ATV riders.
Off highway motorcycle and ATV users will find many miles of trails from easy to challenging, within the areas 2,600 acres. The terrain ranges from hardwood hammocks and tight scrubs, to numerous pits left from discontinued mining operations.
Please become familiar with the rules that govern the use of the area. Only by becoming responsible motorcyclists can we ensure our use of this forest treasure.
15019 Broad Street
Brooksville, Florida 34601
1. All area users must enter at the entrance located at I-75 and S.R. 50 behind the Holiday Inn.
2. A permit is required to ride within the motorcycle area. The permit must be displayed on the front of each motorcycle and ATV. Persons operating motorcycles and ATVs without a permit will be subject to expulsion and/or fine.
3. Permits will be issued for two wheel cycles and 3 and 4 wheel ATVs. ATVs must meet the following requirements:
a) Wheel base of less than 55 inches.
b) Width of less than 45 inches.
c) Total vehicle weight less than 500 Ibs.
d) Travel on 3 or 4 low pressure tires.
e) Has a seat that is designed to be straddled by the operator.
4. Day Use areas closed after sundown.
5. Off-road use within park is restricted to motorcycles and ATVs. All other vehicles must remain on designated roads.
6. All motorcycles and ATVs will be required to have mufflers in accordance with the Florida Highway Patrol Handbook.
7. Legal hours of motorcycle and ATV operation is from sunrise to sunset.
8. All riders will wear approved protective headgear designed for motorcycles and ATVs.
9. All riders will be required to obey all traffic and information signs.
10. Motorcycles and ATVs may be ridden from the campground to riding areas in low gear only and at walking speed.
11. All vehicles are prohibited within the designated non-riding zones in the day use areas.
12. Pets are not permitted.
13. Camp fires permitted in grills and specifically designated sites only.
14. Park in designated areas only.
15. Camp in designated numbered sites; two (2) tents or one mobile camping unit per site; five (5) persons maximum per site.
16. Do not cut, scar, or mutilate trees. They provide shade for your benefit. Please protect them.
17. All garbage must be disposed of in refuse stations.
18. Campground checkout time is 2:00 p.m.
19. Campground quiet time is 10:00 p.m.
20. Only registered campers and their vehicles are permitted in the camping area. No day use.
21. Firearms not permitted.
22. No vehicles permitted behind camp site boundary cable.
23. Chainsaw use prohibited.
24. Alcoholic beverages prohibited on state lands.
25. Unlicensed vehicles are prohibited on forest roads.
26. Motorcycle/ATV operators under age 16 are required to have direct adult supervision.
27. All non-street legal vehicles are required to be hauled or trailered in and out of the Croom Motorcycle Area.
Fees and Permits
Effective each July
1, annual permits are required for each motorcycle and ATV using
the Croom Motorcycle Area.
Annual permits are good for the entire year (July through June). Fees are posted at the entrance gate and are pro-rated throughout the entire year. Payments can be made by cash and travelers checks only, and can be made at the entrance gate house.
Overnight camping is available at the Croom Motorcycle Area Campground. The current fees are posted at the campground. Electrical hook-up is available for an additional charge.
More than you wanted to know about Croom and the area (click here)
Map TO the area (click here)
Map OF the area (click here)
Large Print Verison of the Map OF Croom (click here)
© 1999, - All rights reserved. All trademarks are owned by the respective companies.
Bottom Of Page
What are you doing looking down here? This is past the bottom of the page.